Clickbank Widget is a free and easy to use Wordpress plugin that can add targeted ads for Clickbank products to your sidebar to help you monetize your weblog. The plugin comes with many customizable options and also allows you to add a custom image to your Clickbank advertisements to draw your visitors attention to them.
- Add targeted ads related to any keyword of your choice to your sidebar.
- Possibility to add Clickbank description as well as a link to the product.
- Add an image header to draw your visitors attention to your ads and earn more money.
- Skip certain Clickbank ads you don’t like.
- Earn affiliate commission for every sale you make!
Clickbank Widget has only been tested with the newest Wordpress 2.7 but it will probably also work with earlier versions. Just give it a try! Your host will however need to have cURL enabled for it to work. PHP5 is also required.
Installation and Usage
- Upload the folder “clickbankwidget” to the “wp-content/plugins” folder of your Wordpress installation.
- Activate the plugin in your Admin panel.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and add Clickbank Widget to your sidebar.
- View the options and enter your CB affiliate ID (username), your keyword, etc.
- Click “Done” and then “Save Changes”
- That’s it!
Here a quick explanation of some of the settings. All other options should actually be self-explanatory.
Image URL: If you want to add an image to your ads save the image to the “images” folder (inside the “clickbankwidget” folder) and enter the filename here, i.e. “myimage.jpg”.
Skip Ad #: The ad you select here will be skipped and not included in your sidebar. Useful when Clickbank returns an unrelated result for your keyword (use Clickbank’s marketplace search to see which results you will get).
Add Description: If this is not selected only a link with the title of the ad will be posted to your blogs sidebar by Clickbank Widget.